Ipswich YM gain Woodbridge scalp
EASTERN COUNTIES 1: Ipswich YM 36 Woodbridge 5
YM took the lead when their pack drove forward and the ball found its way into the hands of Terblanche who broke the Woodbridge defence and scored under the posts with Elliston converting.
The YM were now fully on top of the visitors but found themselves down to 10 men on 33 minutes after Potter received a yellow card for once again handling the ball on the floor.
With the half coming to an end it was again the YM who were pushing forward and after some quick hands from the YM backs, winger Styles raced over the line to score in the corner.
The second half started much as the first and after only eight minutes a great rolling maul from the home side resulted in Chetty going over for the first try of the half.
You may also want to watch:
Woods added YM’s second try of the half and the next 10 minutes saw Woodbridge using big kicks downfield to clear their lines.
On 70 minutes one of these big kicks resulted in a 22-metre drop-out for the YM which was quickly taken and collected by the YM and centre Dower used his pace and strength to score under the posts.
- 1 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 4 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 9 Four miles of queues after A12 collision
- 10 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
Woodbridge got a try of their own after good work from the backs saw Bruce score to the delight of the away fans.
The last five minutes of the match saw one more YM try, with Elliston scoring under the posts.