Ipswich YM kids benefit from some expert coaching
IPSWICH YM’s under-12s benefited from an advanced ruck and tackle session with highly-accomplished and regarded Level 3 coach, Martin Watson.
Watson has coached at club, district and county level and has seen ten of his district players graduate to the county stage at under-15 level.
The emphasis of the session was to carry out moves and techniques legally and to exploit the laws by getting to feet to play the ball quickly with fun and at a high tempo.
The coach devised a multi-phased training package that highlighted the technical skill and then placed it into specific playing conditions; the focus was to lift the boys’ skill level in this area for the 2012-2013 campaign and beyond.
“It was a great session and I was genuinely impressed with the standard of play by the young players. I can see why they have been so successful to date,” said Watson.
The training is designed for 18-year-olds but Watson was so confident in the boys’ ability that he held the session for the youngsters.
One of the many senior players who has benefited from Watson’s excellent coaching is Freddie Burns. Burns is the current Gloucester and England Saxon fly half, whose performances this season continue to attract attention from Stuart Lancaster and his selectors.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 8 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
Very kindly, Freddie signed and had framed one of his England shirts, together with a personal message wishing all at Ipswich YM RUFC’s Youth & Junior Section the very best for the future together.
This will soon be presented to YM for display in the clubhouse.