Iron thrashed at home by Forest Green
Braintree 1 Forest Green Rovers 5
BRAINTREE Town were thrashed at home by Forest Green Rovers this afternoon in the Blue Square Premier.
The Essex side ended up losing 5-1 after going down to 10-men when Matt Paine was sent off after 35 minutes for a foul on Al Banguara.
Iron were already behind at that stage and they never coped with against a solid Rovers outfit.
Forest Green had gone ahead after six minutes when Yan Klukowski’s shot beat Nathan McDonald in the home goal.
You may also want to watch:
It was a sloppy start from the home side and after a bit of ping-pong in the box, Charlie Griffin made it two in the 27th minute.
However, Iron hit straight back, Sean Marks’ diving header from Aswad’s cross making it 2-1.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 8 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 9 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 10 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
Paine was then given a straight red after a lunging tackle on Al Banguara and Forest Green went in 3-1 up at the interval after Matty Taylor was given plenty of time to head home in time added-on.
It took 35 minutes of a turgid second period for Klukowski and then substitute Liam Hederson to net goals four and five, as Rovers ran out easy winners.