“It hurts” - admits Colchester United boss John McGreal after defeat
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, felt hard done by following his side’s 1-0 defeat at Doncaster Rovers this afternoon, while home boss Darren Ferguson admitted that his team were lucky to get the three points.
Danny Rowe scored the only goal of the game, on the stroke of half-time, to make the U’s pay for a series of missed chances, with Chris Porter, Sammie Szmodics and Kurtis Guthrie the main culprits.
“I thought we did a number on them today, without getting the result,” insisted U’s boss McGreal.
“It’s disappointing not to have scored, after creating so many chances.
“There are a lot of players feeling very sore at the minute, especially those who missed the chances.
You may also want to watch:
“Darren (Ferguson) may have said some nice things about us, but that doesn’t make it any easier to take. It still hurts, getting beaten.
“We put a lot of work into today’s game, and yet we have come away with nothing,” added McGreal.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
Doncaster boss Ferguson said: “I think that Colchester will feel hard done by.
“That was by far our worst performance of the season, although you have to give Colchester some credit for this.”