“It hurts” - admits Colchester United boss John McGreal after defeat
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, felt hard done by following his side’s 1-0 defeat at Doncaster Rovers this afternoon, while home boss Darren Ferguson admitted that his team were lucky to get the three points.
Danny Rowe scored the only goal of the game, on the stroke of half-time, to make the U’s pay for a series of missed chances, with Chris Porter, Sammie Szmodics and Kurtis Guthrie the main culprits.
“I thought we did a number on them today, without getting the result,” insisted U’s boss McGreal.
“It’s disappointing not to have scored, after creating so many chances.
“There are a lot of players feeling very sore at the minute, especially those who missed the chances.
“Darren (Ferguson) may have said some nice things about us, but that doesn’t make it any easier to take. It still hurts, getting beaten.
“We put a lot of work into today’s game, and yet we have come away with nothing,” added McGreal.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 7 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 8 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
- 9 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
Doncaster boss Ferguson said: “I think that Colchester will feel hard done by.
“That was by far our worst performance of the season, although you have to give Colchester some credit for this.”