“It just never went in for us” – rues Colchester United’s Tarique Fosu
- Credit: Richard Blaxall / Pagepix
Colchester United were left cursing their bad luck after slumping to a 1-0 defeat at Grimsby Town last night.
The U’s dominated for large chunks of this League Two clash, but had no answer to a breakaway goal from Sam Jones, just two minutes before half-time.
Tarique Fosu hit a post early on for the visitors, and was the star turn for the dominant U’s, but neither he nor his team-mates could fashion the equaliser that their performance merited.
Reading loanee Fosu rued: “I thought we played some good football, but it just never went in for us.
“I linked up well with Chris Porter up there, and had a few chances,
You may also want to watch:
“I felt we were the better side, 100%. I thought we dominated them and that we out-passed them, as well having the better chances, but they just didn’t go in.
“I thought we would get a goal, but it didn’t turn out that way,” added Fosu.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 7 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
The U’s have dropped two places to ninth in the table.