‘It never rains, but it pours’ – Joe Dunne
COLCHESTER United boss, Joe Dunne, admits that he is “down to the bare bones,” in terms of a squad for this Saturday’s tough trip to in-form Bournemouth.
The U’s are already without the suspended trio of Marcus Bean, Gavin Massey and Magnus Okuonghae, and there are other possible absentees as well.
Speaking at this morning’s press conference, Dunne explained: “We are down to the bare bones.
“And I have others feeling under-the-weather, so I will have to see how it pans out.
“They say that ‘it never rains, but it pours,’ but there’s always a silver lining, and I hope that suffering will breed character,” added Dunne.
You may also want to watch:
While Arsenal loanee Craig Eastmond has already gone back to the Emirates early, due to a fractured metatarsal, centre-half Matt Heath remains sidelined through injury.
Teenagers Alex Gilbey and Freddie Ladapo, possible squad candidates for this weekend’s trip to the Dorset coast, both picked up injuries while playing for the U’s under-21s on Monday night.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 8 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
And with a couple of other first team players struggling with illness this week, Dunne will have some juggling to do, in terms of team selection, against promotion-chasing Bournemouth.