‘It never rains, but it pours’ – Joe Dunne
COLCHESTER United boss, Joe Dunne, admits that he is “down to the bare bones,” in terms of a squad for this Saturday’s tough trip to in-form Bournemouth.
The U’s are already without the suspended trio of Marcus Bean, Gavin Massey and Magnus Okuonghae, and there are other possible absentees as well.
Speaking at this morning’s press conference, Dunne explained: “We are down to the bare bones.
“And I have others feeling under-the-weather, so I will have to see how it pans out.
“They say that ‘it never rains, but it pours,’ but there’s always a silver lining, and I hope that suffering will breed character,” added Dunne.
While Arsenal loanee Craig Eastmond has already gone back to the Emirates early, due to a fractured metatarsal, centre-half Matt Heath remains sidelined through injury.
Teenagers Alex Gilbey and Freddie Ladapo, possible squad candidates for this weekend’s trip to the Dorset coast, both picked up injuries while playing for the U’s under-21s on Monday night.
- 1 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 2 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 5 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 6 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 7 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 10 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
And with a couple of other first team players struggling with illness this week, Dunne will have some juggling to do, in terms of team selection, against promotion-chasing Bournemouth.