‘It’s a positive way to end the season’ – Colchester United boss Joe Dunne
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, has been delighted with the way that his side have ended the season.
The U’s recorded a final day 1-0 win at Walsall this afternoon, to finish their League One campaign on 53 points and in 16th spot.
Craig Eastmond’s rather fortuitous 53rd minute goal – his block on James Chambers’ attempted clearance flew into the net – earned all three points for the Essex club.
“It’s a positive way to end the season, and another positive away performance,” enthused Dunne.
“Three wins and a draw kind of mirrors the form just before Christmas when the weather closed in.
You may also want to watch:
As a group, we have managed to keep everyone fit and the resulrts have managed us to stay in the league and finish strongly.
“I’m not really bothered about the slice of luck with the winner.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
“All season we have played well and yet come away from games with nothing.
“If this word ‘luck’ wants to appear on the final day of the season, then so be it,” added Dunne.