“It’s been a sharp turn-around” – new Colchester United attacker Darren Ambrose on his switch from Ipswich
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Former Ipswich Town attacker, Darren Ambrose, has this afternoon signed for Colchester United on a one-year deal.
The experienced Ambrose, aged 31, has signed on a free transfer after being released by Town at the end of last season.
Ironically, he had played for Town in their 3-2 defeat at Colchester in a pre-season friendly last month.
“It’s been a sharp turn-around, really,” revealed Ambrose.
“I played for Ipswich the other day, against Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
“Last season was a strange story as well. I played for Colchester (on trial) against Ipswich, and ended up signing for Ipswich.
“Now this year, I’ve played for Ipswich and signed for Colchester, so this fixture has been good to me!
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
“I’m looking forward to it, and pleased it’s over the line, “ added Ambrose.