It’s Ostergaard who will be captain of the Panthers as their seasons starts on March 18. But before that enjoy the fans’ forum and party night!
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Peterborough Speedway are delighted to announce Ulrich Ostergaard as their captain for the 2014 season.
Ostergaard will lead the Panthers into their new era of Premier League competition as he makes his return to the club after recently racing at this level for Redcar.
The Dane joins a host of fellow countrymen to take the club captaincy, including the likes of Hans Andersen, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Nicki Pedersen and Kenneth Bjerre in the top flight.
Ostergaard’s first meeting as skipper will be the first leg of the East of England Cup as the Panthers face Rye House at the Showground on Tuesday March 18.
The team will be going through their paces the previous day at press and practice, with a fans’ forum and party night taking place at the Showground on Friday March 14.
You may also want to watch:
Co-boss Trevor Swales said: “Ulrich brings plenty of experience to the team and he is also a good communicator so we’re pleased to have him as captain.
“He knows all of the tracks at this level and it will be important that our more senior riders pass on plenty of advice to the reserves in particular.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 7 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
“Ulrich is a good professional, very committed, and I’m looking forward to working closely with him this season.”