It’s Shaun’s show as Arnold takes the flag
Shaun Arnold continued his fantastic run of form last weekend as he romped to victory in Round Two of the Formula Kart Stars at Kimbolton.
The 15-year-old narrowly missed out on a podium finish in Round One, finishing fourth, but soon made amends by replicating last month’s victory in a warm-up race at the same circuit.
The East Bergholt pupil said: “I was really pleased with how things went throughout the weekend.
“I had struggled with the first corner of the track as I kept getting hit, so once I got through it safely it was a relief and things went really well.”
Shaun, who races in the 75mph Junior Rotax class, finished fifth in the championship last season and he believes the experience could prove invaluable in his quest for further trophies.
You may also want to watch:
“Experience will help because there are a few people I raced against last year so I feel comfortable racing in the series,” explained Shaun.
“The car is also really strong, especially in wet conditions, so hopefully I can win some more races.”
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
Shaun’s twin brother, Matthew, also raced in both races but could only manage 19th and 21st.
The results leave Shaun third in the championship standings, while Matthew sits 13th.