It’s Shaun’s show as Arnold takes the flag
Shaun Arnold continued his fantastic run of form last weekend as he romped to victory in Round Two of the Formula Kart Stars at Kimbolton.
The 15-year-old narrowly missed out on a podium finish in Round One, finishing fourth, but soon made amends by replicating last month’s victory in a warm-up race at the same circuit.
The East Bergholt pupil said: “I was really pleased with how things went throughout the weekend.
“I had struggled with the first corner of the track as I kept getting hit, so once I got through it safely it was a relief and things went really well.”
Shaun, who races in the 75mph Junior Rotax class, finished fifth in the championship last season and he believes the experience could prove invaluable in his quest for further trophies.
“Experience will help because there are a few people I raced against last year so I feel comfortable racing in the series,” explained Shaun.
“The car is also really strong, especially in wet conditions, so hopefully I can win some more races.”
- 1 Top food event set to provide showcase for more than 100 Suffolk producers
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations from Ipswich Town's win at Forest Green
- 3 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 4 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 5 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 6 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 7 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 8 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 9 'A top team for League One' - Forest Green boss praises Town
- 10 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
Shaun’s twin brother, Matthew, also raced in both races but could only manage 19th and 21st.
The results leave Shaun third in the championship standings, while Matthew sits 13th.