‘It was a brilliant debut’ – Colchester United teenager Frankie Kent
- Credit: Archant
Frankie Kent became the latest youth teamer to graduate into the Colchester United senior side, at Walsall on Saturday.
Teenage centre-half Kent came on as a substitute for the second half, as a replacement for Magnus Okuonghae, and he certainly didn’t look out of his depth during those 45 minutes.
In fact, Kent loved every minute of the U’s final day 1-0 win at the Bescot Stadium.
Now he is hungry for more opportunities next season.
“It was a brilliant debut,” enthused Kent.
You may also want to watch:
“The gaffer (Joe Dunne) told me I was coming on, just before half-time.
“I got a bit nervous, but once you are on, you get used to the surroundings.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
“Training with the guys helps, because you feel comfortable. After that first touch of the ball, you feel good.
“It was good to keep a clean-sheet and get a win. We held it together under pressure, and dug in,” added Kent.