“It was a good work-out” – insists Colchester United boss John McGreal
Colchester United manager, John McGreal, was satisfied with his side’s performance during tonight’s latest pre-season friendly, against Premier League outfit Crystal Palace.
The U’s faced their stiffest test of the summer, against Alan Pardew’s big guns in a 1-0 defeat.
Palace secured the win, thanks to an early goal from Jordon Mutch.
“It was a good work-out again. We’ve hand-picked the games for this pre-season, and that was obviously our strongest test, being a Premier League club and when you look at the players that they actually brought along,” explained McGreal, after tonight’s game.
“It’s a compliment to our boys really, to put in a good shift. Over the 90 minutes, we had the better chances to score.
You may also want to watch:
“I know that Crystal Palace are just getting up to speed and are a week behind, but it gives our boys a lot of confidence.
“It took 15 to 20 minutes to combat them, and from then on we were quite comfortable and we counter-attacked quite well,” added McGreal.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
For a match report, and more reaction, see Tuesday’s East Anglian Daily Times newspaper