It was a ‘great feeling’ – enthused Colchester United marksman Mikael Mandron
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Mikael Mandron declared it a “great feeling” to score his first-ever brace of goals as a Football League player.
Mandron netted on 39 and 71 minutes, sandwiching Tom Eastman’s 60th minute header in a 3-1 home win over bad travellers Crewe Alexandra on Saturday.
The U’s are up to 13th in the League Two table, just five points adrift of the top seven, while Crewe are now just three points clear of the relegation zone.
“It feels great to score two goals,” enthused Mandron.
“I’ve been looking to score two goals for a while, and it’s amazing to do it today.”
You may also want to watch:
Target man Mandron, a summer signing from Wigan, had scored a hat-trick for Eastleigh in the National League (5-0 win at Bromley in September, 2016) and a brace in a 3-3 draw against Halifax, again for Eastleigh in that same season. But this was the first time he had netted a double in the Football League.
Boss John McGreal said of Mandron: “I truly believe we have got a very good player.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall