“It was a great team performance” – Colchester United boss Tony Humes
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United boss, Tony Humes, praised his team for a “great performance” following today’s 1-0 vital win at Yeovil Town
Craig Eastmond conjured up the winning goal, his 72nd minute shot taking a deflection on its way into the net.
Eastmond’s first goal of the season therefore ended a run of no wins in six games, a run which had yielded just one point from 18.
“This is a massive three points for us,” declared Humes.
“We knew that it would be a physical game, and be a tough, very direct game.
You may also want to watch:
“We dealt with the nasty side of the game, which is something that we had not dealt with in the previous two matches.
“But I thought we restricted Yeovil to just scraps today.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
“We just needed a performance, and we got that.
“It was a great performance, and a great team performance,” added Humes.
Yeovil manager Gary Johnson said: “It was massively disappointing for us, against a very defensively-minded team.
“We didn’t play well today, but we created three or four good chances.
“Sam Walker, who we know all about (Walker is a former Yeovil loanee) made some excellent saves.
“I thought Colchester had just a bit more quality on the ball than us,” added Johnson.