“It was a total performance” – Colchester United boss Kevin Keen
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United boss, Kevin Keen, was understandably delighted with his side’s vital 1-0 away win at Blackpool, and their overall display, beside the seaside today.
Chris Porter rammed home what proved to be the only goal of the game, on the hour mark, although the U’s should really have won by a bigger margin, such was their domination.
Keen said: “I’m extremely happy. We played well the whole game.
“In fact, it was a total performance from my whole team, and the whole day was a very good day for Colchester United.
“If we had scored another goal, then that would have been nice, because then I would have been able to chill a little.
You may also want to watch:
“But we were the better side for the whole 90 minutes, and there were some outstanding performances from my players today.
“Tom Eastman had been ill all week, but produced an excellent performance.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 4 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 7 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
“And full credit to Chris Porter. I’m so pleased for him. He scored the winner and his work ethic was excellent again,” added Keen.
The U’s have five games left, and they entertain Peterborough next Saturday.