‘It will feel weird’ – admits Colchester United’s Ben Stevenson ahead of Coventry visit
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ben Stevenson admits that it will “feel weird” for him to line-up for Colchester United, against his old club Coventry City tomorrow night.
Midfielder Stevenson left Coventry to move to Wolves on a permanent deal on transfer deadline day, on the last day of last month, only for the Championship leaders to immediately loan him out to the League Two U’s for the rest of the season.
The 20-year-old crowned his U’s debut with an opening goal as a substitute in the Essex club’s last home match, a 2-0 win over Newport, and he was rewarded with his full debut at Carlisle on Saturday.
“It’s going to feel weird playing against Coventry, with so many familiar faces in their team,” said Stevenson.
“I was there for 13 years, so Coventry was all I knew.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t know this game was coming up so close, until I signed, but I’m looking forward to it. It will be good to play against a few of the lads who I have played with for such a long time.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week