‘That’s a weird kit... I think I like it’ – Town fans react to new 2020/21 away strip
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town fans have been reacting to the launch to the new away kit for 2020/21.
Primarily pale blue, with a white pattern on the body and ‘sharp blue’ detailing, it’s manufactured with adidas’ Primeblue technology ‘that features Parley Ocean plastic® made from recycled waste that’s intercepted from beaches and coastal communities before it reaches the oceans’.
Town’s director of retail, Lee Hyde, said: “With our fine county of Suffolk having such an expansive coastline, it’s key that we look to endorse and support the outstanding work which adidas and Parley For The Oceans are carrying out.
“Choosing a Primeblue playing kit enables the club to play a very small part in assisting the efforts to clean up our oceans and promote a core focus on sustainability and recycling.”
Town’s away goalkeeper’s kit will be all black with blue detailing. An ‘all coral’ third keeper kit option is yet to be revealed.
All kits will feature ‘bespoke’ player name and number fonts.
- 1 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Sunday sermon required at Portman Road... why Crewe game is 'must win' for Town