Robins it is! – Witches’ play-off final opponents are known – and final dates
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches will race Swindon Robins in the Premiership final over two legs next week.
The Wiltshire side easily overcame Wolverhampton Wolves at Blunsdon tonight, winning on aggregate.
It means Ipswich will race Swindon at Foxhall Heath on Monday night, 7.30pm, with the return at Swindon next Thursday night, again 7.30pm.
It's almost two weeks since the Witches booked their final place playoff after defeating Poole in the second leg of a thrilling meeting at Foxhall.
And while the Pirates finished two points clear at the top of the Premiership table over second-placed Swindon, the Robins are a very strong outfit.
Led by Grand Prix star Jason Doyle and ace Aussie Troy Batchelor, they have the most potent top five in the country.
However, the Witches have enjoyed a fantastic 2019 and time and time again have confounded the odds.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 4 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 5 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 6 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 7 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed
It will be all to race for next week to crown the Premiership speedway champions of Great Britain - Swindon or Ipswich.