Robins it is! – Witches’ play-off final opponents are known – and final dates
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches will race Swindon Robins in the Premiership final over two legs next week.
The Wiltshire side easily overcame Wolverhampton Wolves at Blunsdon tonight, winning on aggregate.
It means Ipswich will race Swindon at Foxhall Heath on Monday night, 7.30pm, with the return at Swindon next Thursday night, again 7.30pm.
It's almost two weeks since the Witches booked their final place playoff after defeating Poole in the second leg of a thrilling meeting at Foxhall.
And while the Pirates finished two points clear at the top of the Premiership table over second-placed Swindon, the Robins are a very strong outfit.
You may also want to watch:
Led by Grand Prix star Jason Doyle and ace Aussie Troy Batchelor, they have the most potent top five in the country.
However, the Witches have enjoyed a fantastic 2019 and time and time again have confounded the odds.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
It will be all to race for next week to crown the Premiership speedway champions of Great Britain - Swindon or Ipswich.