Jabo Ibehre has “turned down” the chance to leave Colchester United
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Forgotten striker Jabo Ibehre remains out-in-the-cold at Colchester United, even though he has turned down chances of a move away from the Essex club.
Target man Ibehre has not featured at all for the U’s, since new manager Tony Humes was appointed to the hot seat at the start of last September.
The ex-Leyton Orient and MK Dons front-man expressed his desire to leave the U’s, following previous manager Joe Dunne’s departure.
He did have a loan spell at League One rivals Oldham, but since returning from Boundary Park last month, he has not had a look-in with the U’s.
The 32-year-old’s contract expires this summer, but as yet he has been reluctant to pursue new opportunities away from U’s, according to manager Humes.
You may also want to watch:
U’s boss Humes revealed: “There has been interest in (signing) Jabo, to be fair.
“But Jabo has turned down the opportunity to go to other clubs.”
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 7 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
For more Colchester United news, and a big interview with new signing Karleigh Osborne, see today’s ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ newspaper.