Jabo Ibehre loaned out by Colchester United, and Marcus Bean set to follow suit
Colchester United striker Jabo Ibehre has been loaned out to League One rivals Oldham Athletic, and Marcus Bean is also set to leave the U’s on a loan deal.
Manager Tony Humes revealed during this lunchtime’s press conference, that Ibehre had requested a loan move away from the U’s, as soon as former boss Joe Dunne had left the club.
Humes also announced that Bean had been made available for a loan deal.
“As soon as we took over, Jabo came to us and spoke to us about what he see as his future and what he wants to do,” explained Humes.
“He said that he felt that his future was somewhere else, so we just agreed to him going out on loan.
You may also want to watch:
“It was his decision, it was something that happened straight away, as soon as Joe (Dunne) left, and Richard (Hall) and I took over.
“He needed a new challenge, and that’s it,” added Humes.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The U’s boss also confirmed that experienced midfielder Bean, who has struggled to even make the 18-man squad in recent weeks, could be on his way out on loan in the near future.
“We have made Marcus available on loan,” said Humes.
“But we haven’t had anything in as yet, in terms of any interest from anybody in Marcus.”
The U’s are home to Fleetwood Town on Saturday.