Jake Kean moves on loan to Colchester United from Norwich City
- Credit: JASON DAWSON
Colchester United have recruited a new keeper, in Norwich City loanee Jake Kean.
And Kean will go straight into the U’s starting line-up, for this Saturday’s FA Cup third round tie at home to Charlton.
“We’ve signed Jake (Kean), initially for a month, but with the option to extend the deal,” revealed U’s boss Kevin Keen during this lunchtime’s press conference, at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“Jamie Jones (former first choice keeper) went back to Preston last month, and I have decided to go down a different route, by signing Jake.
“He is a keeper with a lot of Championship experience, and someone who I wanted to bring into the group, to help us achieve our goals this season.”
Derby-born Kean, 24, spent six seasons at Blackburn after coming up through the youth ranks at his home town-club, Derby County.
Kean made 44 first team appearances for Rovers, including their 1-0 win at Arsenal in an FA Cup fifth round tie in 2013.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
He has also had previous loan spells at Hartlepool, Rochdale, Yeovil and Oldham, before leaving Blackburn to join Norwich last summer.
Kean is yet to make a senior appearance for the Canaries, being third choice behind Declan Rudd and John Ruddy.