Jake Kean moves on loan to Colchester United from Norwich City
- Credit: JASON DAWSON
Colchester United have recruited a new keeper, in Norwich City loanee Jake Kean.
And Kean will go straight into the U’s starting line-up, for this Saturday’s FA Cup third round tie at home to Charlton.
“We’ve signed Jake (Kean), initially for a month, but with the option to extend the deal,” revealed U’s boss Kevin Keen during this lunchtime’s press conference, at Florence Park, Tiptree.
“Jamie Jones (former first choice keeper) went back to Preston last month, and I have decided to go down a different route, by signing Jake.
“He is a keeper with a lot of Championship experience, and someone who I wanted to bring into the group, to help us achieve our goals this season.”
You may also want to watch:
Derby-born Kean, 24, spent six seasons at Blackburn after coming up through the youth ranks at his home town-club, Derby County.
Kean made 44 first team appearances for Rovers, including their 1-0 win at Arsenal in an FA Cup fifth round tie in 2013.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named
He has also had previous loan spells at Hartlepool, Rochdale, Yeovil and Oldham, before leaving Blackburn to join Norwich last summer.
Kean is yet to make a senior appearance for the Canaries, being third choice behind Declan Rudd and John Ruddy.