‘That’s a situation I’ll have to manage’ - Lambert happy to land Bree despite loan conundrum
- Credit: Archant
Paul Lambert believes new signing James Bree will ‘add competition’ in the Ipswich Town defence.
The 21-year-old arrived on loan from Aston Villa on deadline day, becoming the seventh January addition and taking the number of Ipswich loanees to six.
Only five can be used in a matchday squad, meaning one of Bree, Callum Elder, Trevoh Chalobah, Matthew Pennington, Will Keane and Collin Quaner will need to be left out.
“That is a situation I’ll have to manage but I’m delighted to have James with us,” the Town boss told the club website.
“He did really well at Barnsley before getting his move to Villa. It took a while for him to settle in there - that’s the way it often is for young players when they get a big move like that
“He has broken into their first-team this season and done well. He knows the division well and he will add more competition at the back for us.”
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 10 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich