Norwood nominated for August Player of the Month award... and you can vote for him here
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town striker James Norwood has been nominated for the PFA League One Player of the Month award for August.
The striker, signed in the summer on a free transfer at the end of his Tranmere contract, has made an impressive start to life as an Ipswich player with five goals in his first five games for the club.
He got up and running in his third outing of the season as he netted at Peterborough, before then missing a penalty, with a crucial equaliser following a few days later in Town's come-from-behind victory over AFC Wimbledon on a dramatic night under the Portman Road lights.
Norwood scored twice and had a hand in the other three as the Blues won 5-0 at Bolton before netting from the spot again in the 3-0 home win over Shrewsbury on Saturday.
The 28-year-old has been an instant hit at Portman Road, not least because of his wrestling goal GIFs which have caught the attention of football fans around the world.
You may also want to watch:
He's one of five players nominated for the August award, with voting open until 8am tomorrow morning (September 5).
Norwood is up against Michael Rose of Coventry, who has been instrumental in the Sky Blues' unbeaten start, as well as City goalkeeper Marko Marosi.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
Alex Jukubiak, on loan at Gillingham from Watford, is nominated for his three goals along with Peterborough forward Ivan Toney who has scored four goals in his five League One games. One of those came in the 2-2 draw between Town and Peterborough.