Defender Wilson signs new deal at Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Defender James Wilson has been rewarded for his fine start to the season with a new deal which will keep him at Portman Road until the summer of 2021.
The former Lincoln man, who's been capped once by Wales, arrived at Town on a free transfer in the summer but has since proved himself to the Ipswich faithful and boss Paul Lambert with a series of impressive displays.
As a result, the club moved quickly to tie him down to a new longer term deal, offering him an 18 month contract extension.
The Blues will have the option to extend the deal for a further 12 months.
Wilson's calm, confident and assured showings in his 11 appearances so far this campaign have been a big part of Town's resoluteness at the back.
They've conceded just nine goals all season, with four coming in the last two games - one of which Wilson missed following his red card at Fleetwood.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 4 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 5 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 6 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 7 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed