Defender Wilson signs new deal at Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Defender James Wilson has been rewarded for his fine start to the season with a new deal which will keep him at Portman Road until the summer of 2021.
The former Lincoln man, who's been capped once by Wales, arrived at Town on a free transfer in the summer but has since proved himself to the Ipswich faithful and boss Paul Lambert with a series of impressive displays.
As a result, the club moved quickly to tie him down to a new longer term deal, offering him an 18 month contract extension.
The Blues will have the option to extend the deal for a further 12 months.
Wilson's calm, confident and assured showings in his 11 appearances so far this campaign have been a big part of Town's resoluteness at the back.
You may also want to watch:
They've conceded just nine goals all season, with four coming in the last two games - one of which Wilson missed following his red card at Fleetwood.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 8 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?