Jamie Godbold takes over at Lowestoft Town
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Lowestoft Town have named former captain Jamie Godbold as the new Trawlerboys boss.
The ex-Kirkley & Pakefield, AFC Sudbury and Wroxham manager will once again link up with long-time assistant and former Blues keeper Andy Reynolds following Dale Brooks’ resignation last week.
“I’m delighted and also very proud to be appointed as manager of my hometown club,” he told the club website .
“Having spent 13 successful years as a player, I have an affinity to this football club and always felt I would be back at some point in some capacity. I’ve had some amazing memories in a blue shirt and now thankful that I have the opportunity to make lots more.
“There’s no doubt that it will be a challenge, and one that I’m very much looking forward to. Brooksy did a fantastic job of keeping the club in the division last season, and the opportunity of being placed in a new league with a new set of players is an exciting one. I’m also realistic that a new set of players within a new environment might take a little bit of time.”
You may also want to watch:
“We have drawn up a list of potential players. We are working within a strict timeline and I imagine the players on our list have been speaking to clubs at this stage of the closed season. Some players on the list have already signed elsewhere so we will be working hard over the next few days to speak to those that are still available. We have a profile of player that we want to bring to the football club, and must ensure we try to get a good balance whilst trying to assemble a competitive looking squad.”
Godbold made 500 appearances for the Trawlerboys, scoring 155 goals in 13 years at the club from 2000-2013 while Reynolds made 404 appearances as first-choice goalkeeper from 2002-2013.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship