Jamie Jones wants to propel Colchester United up the table
- Credit: Archant
New keeper Jamie Jones is looking forward to the challenge of propelling Colchester United up the League One table.
The U’s are wallowing in the relegation zone, second-from-bottom, after the first month of this season.
But new recruit Jones, signed on a three-month emergency loan deal from Preston, is ready to play a key role in transforming the U’s season.
Jones, 26, looks set to make his U’s debut at Chesterfield tomorrow.
“Everything went very quickly, from the moment that my agent contacted me on Monday,” revealed Jones.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m looking forward to the game, this weekend.
“I know this league, having played around 200 games at League One level, so I know what it takes.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
“We’ve just got to kick on up the league, and then see what happens at Chsirtmas,” added Jones.
The former Leyton Orient favourite has signed on loan until December 12.