Jansson to be at Witches cricket match
SPEEDWAY: Kim Jansson is coming over to England to be present at the special 20/20 cricket match to be played at Chantry Park, Ipswich on Wednesday July 21 (start 6.15pm).
The former Ipswich Witches rider was paralysed while riding in his native Sweden, and proceeds from the game between a Witches XI and a media XI will go to his support fund.
Last season a similar game raised over �1,100, and there will be added spice this time with Pole Robert Miskowiak set to play after arranging to fly over a day earlier than normal.
His fellow countryman Dawid Stachyra is expected to do the same and pick up a cricket bat for the first time.
Ipswich Town FC have again lent their support by donating a pair of home tickets for the raffle with Witches fan Gillian Webb, who along with her family has done so much to help Jansson since his crash, saying:
You may also want to watch:
“Kim is looking forward to coming over and it add a great deal to a night that we are all looking forward to.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw