Jarek loses run-off
IPSWICH Witches star Jarek Hampel lost a dramatic run-off with Australia's Leigh Adams in Event One of the World Cup on Saturday.
IPSWICH Witches star Jarek Hampel lost a dramatic run-off with Australia's Leigh Adams in Event One of the World Cup on Saturday. Hampel had been in magnificent form for Poland on his home track in Leszno, scorching to a 15-point maximum.
But in the run-off for the right to go direct to the World Cup Final next weekend, after both countries finished on 56 points, Adams got the better of Hampel, whose Polish side now have to lift themselves as they go into Thursday's Race Off at Vojens, Denmark, along with Russia, who finished third in Leszno.
Australia are into the final.
You may also want to watch:
Tonight Great Britain race in Event Two at Coventry's Brandon Stadium, against Denmark, Sweden and the Czech Republic.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions