Jasmin Taylor hits the gold trail after successful season
Ipswich-based Telemark skier Jasmin Taylor is preparing to hit the gold trail after recently finishing a successful season in France.
The Colchester-born 18-year-old won bronze in the duel sprint at the World Junior Championships, fourth in the classic race and sixth in the sprint.
The British Telemark champion also finished seventh and ninth on two occasions each at this year’s World Cup in France, as well as winning two gold, silver and bronze medals at the French Nationals/French Championships.
“My goal for next season is to win a gold medal in the Junior Championships and to be in the top five overall in the World Cup,” said Taylor, ahead of the new season which begins next January.
“It felt amazing winning bronze at the World Junior Championships. I woke up and I thought it had all been a dream, it was a bit insane.”
Taylor, who has only been competing in Telemark for a year, having made the switch from Alpine sking, is the overall number one British Telemark skier and was the first junior to ever qualify for the British team
Taylor, who trains in Hemel Hempstead when not at her French training base, is supported by Kneissl, Mountain Boot Company, TDS Safeguard, Colchester Physiotherapy, ChamExpress, The Snow Centre, Feel Alive Fitness, Amelia Walker Personal Training Ltd and the British Ski Academy.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident