Jason hits trebles to take first prize
JASON Evans hit the trebles to win the £800 first prize in the fifth Smock Darts Grand Prix.Eight players qualified through to the grand final, with Felixstowe-based Evans beating Kevin Harris (Ipswich) 4-1 in the final in front of a packed audience at the Smock public house in Ipswich.
JASON Evans hit the trebles to win the £800 first prize in the fifth Smock Darts Grand Prix.
Eight players qualified through to the grand final, with Felixstowe-based Evans beating Kevin Harris (Ipswich) 4-1 in the final in front of a packed audience at the Smock public house in Ipswich.
Quarter-final losers pocketed £100, with Scott Lawrie beating Peter Green 4-2, Evans pipping Jamie Robinson 4-3, Harris getting the better of Kevin French 4-2 and Andy Honeyman beating Nicky Bloom 4-2.
In the semi-finals, Lawrie received £200 after losing to Evans 4-2 and so did Honeyman after being beaten 4-2 by Harris.
You may also want to watch:
The highest finish in the tournament was 167 by Honeyman in week 10, with Harris gaining the most 180's - 21. Presentations were made by Ann Daniel (organiser), Darren Goodchild (DG Graphics), Mark Stennett (Prologic Ltd) and the landlord of The Smock.
Next year's event will go ahead with the same sponsors confirming their support.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 North Stander: Bonne's becoming a Blues icon - now we have to start winning