Jason wins week six of Grand Prix
DARTS: Jason Elvin won week six of the 2010 Daniel-Green Grand Prix in his first appearance – beating Ben Bradshaw 3-1 in the final.
There were 63 entrants on the night with Elvin collecting 12 points, Bradshaw 10 and runners-up Paul Stevens and Peter Green 7 each. The highest finish on night was 152 by Michael McMasters.
Top 16 after week 6: Andrew Gilding 44pts, Nicky Bloom 35, David Mayhew 34, Peter Wright 31, Kevin Harris 29, Scott Lawrie 27, Peter Green 24, Robbie Morling 19, Adrian Genery and Andy Honeyman both 18, Steffan Morling and Paul Stevens both 17, Ben Bradshaw and Mark Woodger both 16, Curtis Hammond and Jamie Mills both 15.
Following close behind are a group of 10 players including Elvin who have four weeks to break into the top 16 before the grand final.
Tuesday sees a break in the Grand Prix to accommodate the Suffolk Darts Organisation annual general meeting.
You may also want to watch:
However a singles knock-out is being played at Bridgeward Social Club, Austin Street, Ipswich with cash prizes on a money in-money-out basis.
Registrations close at 8.15pm with a �5 entry fee. All money paid out, and the event is open to anyone.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
The 2010 Daniel-Green Grand Prix resumes for week seven on Tuesday July 20.