Jim wants a midfielder
A BALL-WINNING midfielder is the third top-quality target that Blues boss Jim Magilton is trying to secure.While it is well known that Francis Jeffers is his No.
By Derek Davis
A BALL-WINNING midfielder is the third top-quality target that Blues boss Jim Magilton is trying to secure.
While it is well known that Francis Jeffers is his No. 1 target and a move for Richard Wright is bubbling, Magilton has made it clear that he feels a third man will complete his quest for summer signings.
He said: “I'm after another midfielder. I need someone who can get the ball back for us. I have someone in mind and you will know immediately why I have gone for him.
You may also want to watch:
“Resources will dictate whether we can get this player, although we are quite strong in the midfield department so it is not as much a priority as a Francis Jeffers.”
Magilton admitted that Lee Carsley was in his sights but the midfielder has since signed a new deal at Everton and Magilton has already made an initial attempt to bring in his No. 1 choice. Magilton said: “Lee Carsley is someone we asked about before and I was quite keen to get him around the time we brought in Sylvain Legwinski. But we have identified another player we want and if we get him I will be delighted.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
Magilton has been alerted to the release of Tomas Radzinski and Claus Jensen at Fulham but has not made a move as yet, while Malcolm Christie, who has been freed by Middlesbrough, is not a target.