Joe Dunne hails magnificent Colchester United
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, hailed his side’s 3-0 win over Gillingham this afternoon as one of the “best performances” of his managerial career.
The U’s were in superb form against the visiting Gills, coasting to victory thanks to a 50th minute opener from Sanchez Watt, and two late goals from Clinton Morrison and substitute Freddie Sears.
Dunne enthused: “There were a few good games early on (in his reign), but I think this is one of the best performances of my so far short managerial career.
“I thought we were excellent from the first whistle to the last, and I don’t think Gillingham even had a shot on target until very late in the game.
“There was only one team pushing really. Gillingham have tended to sit back and frustrate many teams this season.
You may also want to watch:
“Even though it was still 0-0 at half-time, I told the lads – ‘don’t change!’ – and I thought we started the second half exceptionally well.
“We were very good today,” added Dunne, who has been on the U’s hot seat since the end of September, 2012.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 7 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 8 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 9 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
The U’s, who have now kept four clean-sheets in their last five games, are away at Carlisle next weekend.