Joe Dunne nominated for manager-of-the-month award, though Colchester United boss is an outsider
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne has been nominated for the League One manager-of-the-month award for January.
However, Dunne is probably the outsider of the four managers nominated – the U’s only played three games during January, taking seven points out of nine via wins over Gillingham (3-0) and at Carlisle (4-2), and sharing a goalless draw at MK Dons on New Year’s Day.
The U’s have certainly picked up of late, and for that Dunne deserves great credit.
But his rivals for the award do boast better records.
The other contenders are Leyton Orient’s Russell Slade, Brentford’s Mark Warburton and Walsall’s Dean Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Slade is perhaps the favourite, having masterminded a 100% record of four wins from four matches in January to sustain the O’s automatic promotion push.
New Bees boss Warburton, meanwhile, has propelled the West London club to the top of League One. In-form Brentford were unbeaten during January, taking 13 points from a possible 15.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
Smith, meanwhile, has guided Walsall into the play-off race on the back of an unbeaten last month, which included an eye-catching 5-1 win at Notts County.
The winners will be announced tomorrow morning.