Bolton boss Parkinson confirms interest in Ipswich striker Garner
- Credit: Archant
Phil Parkinson has confirmed Bolton Wanderers are interested in signing Ipswich Town striker Joe Garner with the club reported to have made a six-figure offer for his services.
Garner, who scored 10 goals in his debut Ipswich season, has been linked to Bolton all summer while the EADT and Ipswich Star understands that Millwall and Sheffield United have also made enquiries.
“He’s a player I’ve admired since his time at Preston, he’s one of a number of players we’re looking at,” Parkinson admitted.
Reports in the North West say the Trotters have put in six-figure bids for two strikers, with Garner said to be one of them.
When asked about the futures of Garner and Jonas Knudsen, understood to be wanted by clubs at home and in Europe, Ipswich manager Paul Hurst said: “No, there’s certainly nothing concrete in any of those two to my knowledge.
You may also want to watch:
“I expect Jonas to be part of the matchday squad at the weekend.”
Asked if they were both players he wanted to keep, Hurst said: “We’ll look at each situation on its own merits.
- 1 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 2 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 5 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 10 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
“If someone comes in and offers £10million for any of our players then I think we’d have some serious dialogue and chances are they might be on their way. But it all depends at what level.”
Garner has been struggling with a knee injury ahead of this afternoon’s Championship opener against Blackburn.