Jefford nets winner for Leiston to beat Ipswich Town XI
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Suffolk Premier Cup quarter-finals Leiston 2 Ipswich Town XI 1 Leiston progressed to the Suffolk Premier Cup Semi-finals for the seventh year on the trot after a hard fought 2-1 win over an Ipswich Town XI last night.
Ipswich started the better and Lounes Foudil forced Marcus Garnham into an early save low to his left.
Garnham saved a free kick moments later from the same player and Idris Elmizounu hit the post from the follow up.
Christy Finch hit the post with Leiston’s first real chance, but the visitors took the lead in the last minute of the half as Elmizouni curled home into the top corner.
Chris Henderson levelled after Matt Blake’s original shot was saved by Nick Hayes.
You may also want to watch:
Hayes made a fantastic stop to deny Christy Finch as the clock ticked down, and Matt Blake somehow headed wide after Chris Henderson shot was saved.
In the second minute of injury time, Joe Jefford headed home from Kyle Hammond’s cross to send Leiston through.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 7 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash