John-Joe O’Toole to miss Brentford clash
JOHN-Joe O’Toole will miss Colchester United’s trip to mid-table Brentford tomorrow.
O’Toole is struggling with a groin injury, and so will not be risked by manager John Ward.
The ex-Watford midfielder was sent off in the corresponding fixture last season, having come on as a substitute in a 1-1 draw.
Ward explained this morning: “John-Joe is my only injury. He is still not quite right.
“The injury has not really settled down, so we have kept him out of it this week.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope he will be back for the following weekend’s game against Doncaster.
“At least the midfield is quite a strong area for us,” added Ward.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
O’Toole limped off after 47 minutes of the 1-1 draw against Sheffield United two weeks ago, and was only a late substitute at Tranmere last weekend.