John Louis almost lost for words
IPSWICH Witches promoter John Louis was almost lost for words on what he witnessed at Foxhall Stadium last night.With hopes always high on opening night, Louis was reduced to shaking his head in disbelief at the crashes that had reduced his side to just five fit riders.
IPSWICH Witches promoter John Louis was almost lost for words on what he witnessed at Foxhall Stadium last night.
With hopes always high on opening night, Louis was reduced to shaking his head in disbelief at the crashes that had reduced his side to just five fit riders.
“I must admit I don't really know what to say,” Louis said.
“I've watched all the boys the last couple of days at press and practice days and they've all looked so good. In fact they've looked really super.
“But tonight, I don't quite know what more could have gone wrong.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 3 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 5 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory over MK Dons
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 8 Man suffers head injuries after being 'seriously' assaulted by 'several' men
- 9 'A really special effort' - McKenna's verdict on 3-0 win v MK Dons
- 10 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
“I just hope our two boys are OK.”
Witches star Danny King admitted all the stoppages and crashes had affected many of the team.
“It's just been a bad night to be honest,” he said.
“No-one wants to see all that and no-one enjoys hanging around for the time we did. I really enjoyed my first two rides and was really up for it, but than Leigh has that horrible crash and it just knocks you a bit.
“It's not the start we needed.”
n A patched-up Ipswich Witches side travel to Lakeside tonight for the return leg of last night's challenge fixture.
The Suffolk side are likely to use rider replacement for Leigh Lanham and will be hunting round for a reserve replacement for Kozza Smith.
Lakeside are unchanged.