John Louis almost lost for words
IPSWICH Witches promoter John Louis was almost lost for words on what he witnessed at Foxhall Stadium last night.With hopes always high on opening night, Louis was reduced to shaking his head in disbelief at the crashes that had reduced his side to just five fit riders.
IPSWICH Witches promoter John Louis was almost lost for words on what he witnessed at Foxhall Stadium last night.
With hopes always high on opening night, Louis was reduced to shaking his head in disbelief at the crashes that had reduced his side to just five fit riders.
“I must admit I don't really know what to say,” Louis said.
You may also want to watch:
“I've watched all the boys the last couple of days at press and practice days and they've all looked so good. In fact they've looked really super.
“But tonight, I don't quite know what more could have gone wrong.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
“I just hope our two boys are OK.”
Witches star Danny King admitted all the stoppages and crashes had affected many of the team.
“It's just been a bad night to be honest,” he said.
“No-one wants to see all that and no-one enjoys hanging around for the time we did. I really enjoyed my first two rides and was really up for it, but than Leigh has that horrible crash and it just knocks you a bit.
“It's not the start we needed.”
n A patched-up Ipswich Witches side travel to Lakeside tonight for the return leg of last night's challenge fixture.
The Suffolk side are likely to use rider replacement for Leigh Lanham and will be hunting round for a reserve replacement for Kozza Smith.
Lakeside are unchanged.