John McGreal happy for Colchester United to be on the road
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, is hoping that returning to the road might help the U’s to discover their winning touch, away at Morecambe tomorrow evening.
The U’s have lost back-to-back home matches, both by 1-0 margins to lowly opposition in Barnet and Yeovil, and tonight they face another club with lingering fears of relegation.
Morecambe will be fresh from their morale-boosting 2-1 win over play-off hopefuls Exeter last weekend, a result which has lifted them eight points clear of the drop zone.
But U’s boss McGreal believes that playing away from the Weston Homes Community Stadium could be an advantage for his side.
“We knew that this was a defining week for us, and Saturday’s defeat means the play-offs look really distant,” admitted McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
“But I think it’s better that we have two away games now, because it does look as though the boys are under that little bit of pressure at home, with those two defeats.”
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future