John Sands joins Bury Town
MILDENHALL Town striker John Sands has agreed to join Ryman League Premier Division side Bury Town.
Sands has been on loan at Ram Meadow for a month, after being unable to win his place back at Mildenhall.
He scored twice on his full Bury debut, at home to Chatham Town in the 3-2 win in the third round of the Alan Boon Cup.
Sands, who saw his chances of signing for Cambridge United after a trial at the start of the season scuppered by injury, is to sign an 18-month contract with Bury.
Trevor Collins, Bury Town’s director of football, said: “John has agreed to put pen to paper on an 18-month deal and we are delighted that everything has been agreed in time for him to be in the squad for this Saturday’s game.
You may also want to watch:
“The management have been really impressed with his attitude during his one-month loan deal and in particular his willingness to learn and improve.
“In the short space of time that John has been at the club he has already become a crowd favourite and we are sure the Blues fans will welcome this news.”
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
Elsewhere, AFC Sudbury have agreed to loan out striker David Lorimer to Ridgeons League Division One leaders Whitton United for four weeks, and goalkeeper Fred Howe, who was on a season-long loan at Felixstowe & Walton United, is returning to AFC Sudbury.