John Sands joins Bury Town
MILDENHALL Town striker John Sands has agreed to join Ryman League Premier Division side Bury Town.
Sands has been on loan at Ram Meadow for a month, after being unable to win his place back at Mildenhall.
He scored twice on his full Bury debut, at home to Chatham Town in the 3-2 win in the third round of the Alan Boon Cup.
Sands, who saw his chances of signing for Cambridge United after a trial at the start of the season scuppered by injury, is to sign an 18-month contract with Bury.
Trevor Collins, Bury Town’s director of football, said: “John has agreed to put pen to paper on an 18-month deal and we are delighted that everything has been agreed in time for him to be in the squad for this Saturday’s game.
“The management have been really impressed with his attitude during his one-month loan deal and in particular his willingness to learn and improve.
“In the short space of time that John has been at the club he has already become a crowd favourite and we are sure the Blues fans will welcome this news.”
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 6 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town
Elsewhere, AFC Sudbury have agreed to loan out striker David Lorimer to Ridgeons League Division One leaders Whitton United for four weeks, and goalkeeper Fred Howe, who was on a season-long loan at Felixstowe & Walton United, is returning to AFC Sudbury.