John Sands’ late goal earns Bury Town a point in 3-3 draw
- Credit: James Ager
John Sands grabbed a dramatic equaliser three minutes into stoppage time to earn Bury Town a 3-3 draw at home to Enfield Town, in Ryman League Premier, on Tuesday night.
The prolific striker converted in the area after Dave Bridges’ flicked the ball on to give the Blues a share of the spoils at Ram Meadow.
Bridges gave Bury a sixth-minute lead but Liam Hope and David Kendall put the visitors 2-1 ahead.
The Blues equalised on 29 minutes, in an eventful first period, through Tom Bullard.
The floodlights went off at Ram Meadow on 41 minutes causing a short delay but once the power was back, the final four minutes of the half was played before the teams swapped straight round.
You may also want to watch:
Corey Whiteley restored the visitors’ lead on 66 minutes, before Sands’ late leveller.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England