John Ward admits to ‘frustration’ in U’s dressing room
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward was frustrated that his side could not close out victory against Carlisle this afternoon.
Martin Rowlands’ 51st minute opener was cancelled out by James Berrett’s 68th minute equaliser in a 1-1 draw.
It was the U’s fifth successive draw, although they remain just six points adrift of the top six, with eight games remaining.
Ward said: “I’m frustrated, because we’ve just played four teams out of the top six and not lost to any of them.
“Yet we’ve come in disappointed in at least two of those games, against Huddersfield and again today,
You may also want to watch:
“But that’s the way the game goes. I’ve got a frustrated dressing room, with a few chins down after having no defeats in our last nine matches.
“I want to win as much as everyone else does, but you’ve just seen another really good game of football between two very good teams.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
“That’s been the plus side of these last few matches, that we ourselves are amongst the good sides in this division at this moment in time.”
The U’s travel to Walsall on Tuesday evening for another vital game.