Catch up on what was said in today’s Ipswich Town web chat
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town go into the third international break of the season on a high following Saturday’s 3-0 home win over Preston.
Blues reporter Stuart Watson hosted a live discussion on the season so far this lunchtime.
Mick McCarthy’s men have won eight and lost seven to sit eighth in the Championship table, two points adrift of the play-off places with a game in hand on most.
The majority of their victories have come against bottom-half sides, while most of the defeats have been against the division’s leading sides.
Town’s front four of Joe Garner, David McGoldrick, Martyn Waghorn and Bersant Celina have scored 25 goals between them in all competitions, but Saturday was only the fourth clean sheet in 15 league games.
You may also want to watch:
Injured midfield trio Emyr Huws, Tom Adeyemi and Teddy Bishop are all on the road to recovery.
The lead up to Christmas looks like this: Hull (a), Sheff Weds (h), Aston Villa (a), Derby (a), Nottm Forest (h), Middlesbrough (a), Reading (h), Wolves (a).
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 4 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 7 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Bill Turnbull announces leave from Classic FM show for health reasons
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology