‘We can beat anybody’ - Stanley’s Chelsea loanee Russell on Ipswich clash
- Credit: PA
Accington’s Chelsea loanee Jon Russell says Stanley can beat ‘any team in this league’ - including early table-toppers Ipswich Town.
John Coleman’s men head to Portman Road for a top six clash with Town this Saturday, fresh off a 2-1 win over Rochdale, their first foe seven years.
Chelsea midfielder Russell grabbed the winner in that game, his first start for the Reds, and is joined by two fellow Stamford Bridge prospects – keeper Nathan Baxter and winger Tariq Uwakwe – at the Wham Stadium for the season ahead.
And Russell, 20, says sixth-placed Stanley have nothing to fear from any side in the league.
“It’s about having faith to win every game, we don’t worry if we concede first but we’ve got to keep pushing and we’ve got the ability to beat any team in this league,” Russell told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got the confidence now ahead of next weekend’s away trip (at Ipswich), and we know we can win every game.”
Of being part of the Chelsea trio in Lancashire, Russell added: “It’s good to have two other players at the club that you know as it makes it more comfortable from the start.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
“In football you get loans all over the place, so you’ve got to fully focus on yourself and the team in order to try and win every game.”