Ipswich Witches sign Jonas Jeppesen as replacement for injured Hartel
- Credit: Archant
The Ipswich Witches have completed the signing of Jonas Jeppesen as an injury replacement for Michael Härtel, writes Henry Chard.
The Dane will make his debut away at Sheffield next Thursday, subject to BSPA approval.
Härtel has been ruled out for a minimum of six weeks after breaking his arm in a Long Track crash earlier this month and with a busy period ahead, the management have signed Jeppesen as an injury replacement.
The 20-year-old comes in on a 5.20 average and will ride at number two. Jeppesen rode for the Somerset Rebels in the Premiership earlier this season before being dropped and this will be his first taste of Championship speedway.
Team manager Ritchie Hawkins says that Jeppesen will settle into British speedway with the Witches and was a ready-made replacement for the German.
You may also want to watch:
“Somerset would have liked to have kept him, so I looked at his scores and he seems to have been doing ok for his first season in British speedway and has only done a few meetings,” said Hawkins.
“We have a lot of meetings in the next two months so he should settle into riding in this country with us.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 6 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 7 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 8 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
“We expect the same from him as we did from Michael. Michael was doing well and progressing and doing the right things off the track.
“He was learning all the time and that’s what Jonas will have to do. We will see how it goes and in a sense he was a ready-made replacement with Michael getting injured and it is a like for like swap and I’m glad Chris (Louis) has got the deal done quickly.”