Knudsen must wait to stake World Cup claim as he remains on bench as Denmark beat Panama
- Credit: Archant
Jonas Knudsen was an unused substitute as Denmark beat Panama 1-0 in Copenhagen last night.
Pione Sisto scored the only goal of the game as the Dane’s emerged victorious from the game played at Brondby, with Knudsen having to make do with a place on the bench.
The Ipswich defender has won two Denmark caps previously but is looking to make his mark ahead of the World Cup in Russia this summer. His next chance for action will come on Tuesday when the Danes host Chile in a friendly.
Elsewhere yesterday, goalkeeper Michael Crowe was also an unused substitute as Wales beat China 6-0 at the China Cup.
Kevin Bru, who is set to depart this summer, scored the winning goal as he captained Mauritius to victory over Macau in Taipa.
You may also want to watch:
Bartosz Bialkowski could make his Poland debut this evening, when his side take on Nigeria in a friendly in Wroclaw.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week