Knudsen back with Denmark squad after dispute while Walters’ Ireland are beaten by Wales
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Jonas Knudsen will be with the Denmark side for this weekend’s clash with Wales after contractual dispute between the squad and the Danish FA (DBU) was resolved.
A team of amateur players, including members of the Danish Futsal team, students and an internet freestyle footballer, lined up for their country in a 3-0 defeat by Slovakia on Wednesday due to a long-running dispute regarding a new commercial rights deal.
That meant all players based overseas and those playing in the top two divisions of Danish football were unavailable, but a temporary agreement has been reached which means the senior squad will be available for Sunday’s game with Wales.
Knudsen is involved and, if he plays, will win his fifth Danish cap.
Jon Walters is currently with the Ireland squad and played the full 90 minutes as his side were beaten 4-1 by Wales in Cardiff, with former Ipswich loanee Tom Lawrence among the scorers.
You may also want to watch:
Ireland play Poland in Dublin on Tuesday.
Trevoh Chalobah was an unused substitute as England’s Under 20s beat Switzerland 2-0 at St George’s Park on Thursday, with the Young Lions in action against Holland on Monday.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies