Watch Ipswich defender Knudsen celebrate with Denmark team-mates after Austria win
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Jonas Knudsen won his fifth Danish cap as his side beat Austria 2-0 in Herning last night.
The Ipswich Town left back started the friendly game but was replaced with a minute to go after taking a blow to the head in a game in which Bordeaux’s Lukas Lerager and Middlesbrough’s Martin Braithwaite scored the goals to fire to Denmark to victory.
Despite being replaced, Knudsen was well enough to join in the post-game celebrations , with the left back posting footage online.
Elsewhere last night, Gwion Edwards was an unused substitute for Wales as Ryan Giggs’ men beat the Republic of Ireland 1-0 in Dublin.
Edwards, signed from Peterborough in the summer, was a late call-up for the squad and is yet to make his full international debut.
You may also want to watch:
Striker Ben Folami was in the Australia Under 19 side which beat a Singapore select side 1-0 in a friendly on Monday.
The young striker is with the young Australia squad for the AFC U19 Championship in Indonesia which starts later this week.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 5 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop