‘He’ll be ready at any time to play’ - Sears on Knudsen’s ‘tough’ situation
- Credit: Archant
Freddie Sears believes close friend Jonas Knudsen is ready to give his all for Ipswich Town, if selected by manager Paul Lambert.
The Dane has not played for the Blues since Boxing Day, with the left-back stood down from duty throughout January with his future up in the air.
Knudsen’s contract is up in the summer and Lambert has stated the defender ‘has his eye on something new’, but no January move materialised despite interest from the Championship, Germany and Denmark.
Despite admitting Knudsen’s situation is ‘tough’, Sears believes the Danish international would continue to give his all if called upon between now and the end of the season.
“It’s a tough situation for him at the minute and I don’t really know what’s going on behind the scenes but he’s training hard and I think he’s available to play,” Sears said.
You may also want to watch:
“I think if he is picked then he will give 100 per cent.
“He’s that sort of character, he’ll be ready at any time to play but that’s down to the manager.”
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 8 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
When asked about Knudsen after the weekend loss to Sheffield Wednesday, Lambert said: “It depends on how lads are. Jonas made the view that he had an eye on something else and it never materialised. It was dead difficult for us to say ‘if you’re not going to be here, how are we going to use you?’
“He wanted to go somewhere else and it never happened. You tend to think you’re a better player than you actually are. Maybe he’ll start to realise what it is.
“I speak to him all the time. It’s not like I’ve not kept him updated and vice versa.
“I think Jonas thought somebody was going to come in for him. It’s your career. You have to judge it by yourself.”