Knudsen set to return against Hull but Iorfa ruled out for Blues
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town will be without Dominic Iorfa for tomorrow night’s visit of Hull, but Mick McCarthy hopes to have Jonas Knudsen available again as he continues to deal with a series of knocks to his Ipswich Town squad.
Knudsen missed the weekend’s 0-0 draw with Sheffield United with a hamstring strain while Iorfa was forced off at the break with a thigh problem, with the defender sent for a scan.
Jordan Spence will take his place at right back, while a number of other Ipswich players continue to deal with knocks.
“Dominic’s injured, he won’t be fit and has had a thigh strain and will be going for a scan which we will get the results tomorrow,” McCarthy said.
“Jonas is training today so hopefully he’s ok.
You may also want to watch:
“There are one or two bumps, bruises, scrapes, little knocks and tired legs but they’re ok and are fit.”
One of those players is striker Joe Garner but, with a plan to look further into his knee injury in the upcoming international break, McCarthy has insisted his forward is keen to keep playing despite not being at 100 per cent.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
“No, because he wants to be in the firing line and keeps reporting himself as being fit for duty,” McCarthy said.
“The plan has been to take it right to the international break and that’s what we will do.”
Mustapha Carayol will miss out again with the groin injury he suffered at Sheffield Wednesday.